(CRICOS Code: 104226F)
Duration: 52 weeks
- Parramatta Campus – Level-2, 25 George Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
- Brisbane Campus - Level 2, 132 Albert Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
- Gold Coast Campus - Suite 102A, 9 Bay Street, Southport QLD 4215
- Cairns Campus - Level 1 & 2, Palm Court, 34 Lake Street, Cairns QLD 4870
- Minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Successful completion of Certificate IV qualification or higher
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent
- Should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Note: Students with a year relevant work experience but without the minimum qualification must complete institute course specific LLN test and achieve minimum score for each ACSF criteria.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Target group for this program will be international students over the age of 18 who has completed Certificate IV qualification within business area or is working on a supervisory role and want to progress to the next level in their career.
Pathways into the qualification:
Individuals may enter Diploma of Leadership and Management with one-year vocational experience in leadership and management area or completed Certificate IV in Leadership and Management or similar qualification.
Pathways from the qualification:
After achieving Diploma of Leadership and Management, individuals could progress to Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other Advanced Diploma courses within the business training package.
Employment Pathways from the qualification:
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a managerial role within various Business setting. Possible job titles include:
- Team Leader
Training is based on face-to-face classroom delivery including interactive classroom teaching, and tutorials. Classes will be scheduled for minimum of 20 contact hours per week.
Assessment will usually commence in the session following delivery. Students will be required to perform in a range of assessment tasks including and not limited to; Written Questions, Project, Case Studies, Assignment, Demonstration / Observation and Role plays.
Course Credit is the value assigned for the recognition of equivalence in content and learning outcomes between different types of learning and/or qualifications. Course Credit reduces the amount of learning required to achieve a qualification and may be through Credit Transfer (CT) and/or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Students may apply for RPL or Credit transfers for any unit in which they can successfully demonstrate competency.
· BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
· BSBCMM511 - Communicate with influence
· BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
· BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
· BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
· BSBPEF501 - Manage personal and professional development
· BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
· BSBTWK503 - Manage meetings
· BSBSTR503 - Develop organisational policy
· BSBWHS521 - Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
· BSBLDR522 - Manage people performance
. BSBLDR523 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Please refer to the Course Fee table
For intake dates please contact us for more info